Thursday 5 October 2017

Intro

This is a personal project, a stash place to put any pictures I come across.
For reasons that it is entirely unnecessary to elaborate, we have a large mirror with a wooden framework in front comprising 6 equally-sized rectangles of 28x24cm (WxH).
It has languished in the spare room for a year-or-so, waiting for a purpose.

I plan to print numerous images in that size, probably 12 to start, and put those in a nearby container, allowing bypassers (i.e. Jan and me, occasionally the firstborn and Amy - that's about it) to alter the display as they choose.

I have just the wall for the job and it currently looks like this.

The wall, 5Oct17

I will develop this project on the sly and set it up one day when Jan is out.
One question is whether to leave the mirror in place.

On this site I will post candidate images as I find them and, when it is up and running, occasional images of the current state.

Initial thoughts for the contents:

1. Floyd animals album cover (following the recent V&A show).
2. Feet - a recent snap from Sardinia (that will have to spread over two slots).
3. The family snap which brought this project into focus this morning.
4. A good Hockney.
5. A Marlow Moss.
6. A Mondrian.
7. My favourite nude.
8. My favourite self portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First and second viewings

The first display went up on 17th November. 17 Nov 17 And here is today's. 25 Nov 17